Scott County Small Business Support
NextStage business advisors provide individual and small group consulting for Scott County entrepreneurs at every stage of business development.
Your trusted nonprofit business advisor
NextStage partners with the Scott County CDA to provide free, confidential business consulting to emerging entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
These are challenging times for every business as we navigate unprecedented economic challenges and constantly evolving regulations. We also recognize that some entrepreneurs are taking this time to slow down and plan for what comes next. Whatever your current challenge, NextStage advisors are here to help you build a strong, resilient business that can weather the uncertainty.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Business Advisor Lee Hall at email@example.com or 952-921-2381.
Individual Entreprenuer Consulting
NextStage provides one-on-one direct technical assistance by appointment to entrepreneurs exploring a new business idea, working to open, or operating a small business in Scott County. Assistance is tailored to the needs of each entrepreneur and could include:
- Business plan development
- Financial and cash flow projections
- Licensing and regulation consultation
- Accounting and management systems development
- Operational and cash flow management
- Marketing and market planning consultation
Small Group Cohort Learning
We facilitate regular peer-to-peer and small group networking and learning opportunities for existing business owners. Sessions and structure are tailored to meet the needs of the group, including:
- Topic-based seminars and group training
- Facilitated networking sessions
- Small group peer-to-peer learning roundtables sessions
Access to Capital
We assist new and existing Scott County businesses in defining borrowing need, as well as identifying and accessing potential sources of capital, including:
- Referrals and application assistance to governmental lending programs
- Introduction to and assistance with commercial lenders
- Facilitated lending through nonprofit and private lenders
- Direct lending to select start-up and early stage ventures unable to access traditional financing
COVID-19 Recovery Funding
NextStage is a partner processing applications for the Scott County Small Business Recovery Fund to support small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. For information on how to apply, visit the Scott County Community Development Agency website.